My Debt

What can the Council do with a case if the enforcement agent sends it back to them uncollected?

If we are not going to take further enforcement agent action the Council has several options including the following:-

  • For Council Tax and Non Domestic Rates, English councils may apply to the Magistrates court for the committal to prison where the debtor is an individual over the age of 18 years.
  • Apply for the debtor’s bankruptcy or for Council Tax attach earnings or make deductions from benefit.
Message us on WhatsApp