About Bristow & Sutor

How can I make a Subject Access Request?

Your credit rating is not affected in any way as a result of the action Bristow & Sutor may take against you or the data we hold.

What is a Subject Access Request (SAR)? – A subject access request gives individuals the right under the General Data Protection Regulation to find out what information we hold about them.

How do I request a SAR? – We request you complete and return to us a SAR form along with two types of identification. You can print our form from our website here or alternatively request we send one to you via post or email. This form is not a mandatory form, however, its purpose is to help us identify exactly what data you require and to speed up your request. While the form is not mandatory, providing identification is and you should provide us two forms of identification as per the below (Original documents will be returned to you)

List A (photocopy of one from below)

  • Identification that clearly shows your name and date of birth
  • Passport/ travel document

  • Photo driving licence

  • Foreign National Identity Card

List B (plus one original from below)

  • Documentation that clearly shows your name and current address
  • Council tax bill
  • Utility bill showing current home address
  • Bank statement or Building Society Book

You can return the form and identification to us in the post or alternatively upload it to us via the contact page on our website.

Do I have to have any identification copy documents certified as true copies? – No.

If you are unable to locate any information for me on your records, will you tell me? – Yes.

Is there a fee for making a Subject Access Request? – No, not for straight forward requests.

Can I request a SAR by phone? – Yes. We will then send you a copy of our SAR form via your preferred method of contact or you can print it from our website, to return to us with your two forms of identification.

Can I request a SAR on behalf of somebody else? – Yes, however, we require the data subject’s consent in writing and two forms of identification as required from the above table, confirming the representative’s identification, along with our form returned completed.

Can you forward on my SAR results to another organisation or third party on my behalf? – No, details of your request will be forwarded to you and you can forward on the details as necessary.

How long will you take to process my SAR? – We will send you the details of your request, within one month of receiving the requested documents.

How will I receive the information? – We can send the information by email or post.

Where can I find out more information about a SAR? – The Information
Commissioner’s website: http://www.ico.org.uk


Message us on WhatsApp